Monday, April 11, 2005

Chris Tarrant in 5 Straight Goal Shock

Yeah, I can't believe it either. The only bloke in the history of football who kicks with a slice (right to left off the left foot), kicked it through the big ones 5 times. Alright, I think he did kick one out on the full and a couple short but wa-hey, 5 goals. And he took marks! Incredible.

Even more impressive was our caretaker skipper, Anthony Rocca's game. I'm not joking but I may be dreaming. It was his best game in about 18 months. He took marks and lived up to the attention he usually gets from opposition coaches. When he was at half forward it was like watching the Pied Piper, there were so many spoilers following him. As he was getting used to the attention, he was put on the ball/token ruck and really got in amongst it, bursting packs, bumping, punching, tackling and tickling. Great to watch.

Other better players included: Brodie Holland resuming his lovers' tiff with Camporearslick; Licca, who got 35 million hard possessions; our superb backline of Clement, Wakes and Presti; Chad Morrison, at last a Chad who can play; and Rhys Shaw. Yes Rhys Shaw. Sure, he kicked it outta bounds on the full three times in a couple of minutes but at least he GETS THE BALL.

And you gotta love what he told the Herald Sun when asked about his kicking out on the full and giving away some frees.

"I just think people expect things to go against me, so it didn't really faze me. Over the years everything's pretty much gone against me, so I thought a couple of free kicks wasn't that much of a big deal."

Sounds a lot like my career-path.

No comments: