Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Are We That Inept?

As I predicted yesterday, Jonathan Brown refused our fat president's fat money (double what he's earning) offer to join the club.

Brown told radio station, SEN that he couldn't see himself leaving the club he grew up supporting.
"The money's great but I still get paid reasonably well from the Lions and at the end of the day I think job satisfaction is the No. 1 priority and I just love it up here.

Call it loyalty, call it what you want, but I suppose I've got people up here who I'm really tight with. We've made a lot of great bonds over the last few years and I've got people in my corner I trust.

The lifestyle up here is great, myself and my girlfriend are pretty settled down and I've got a lot of things I still want to achieve in Brisbane itself, with this club.
At the end of the day I want to be getting paid reasonably well but at the same time I want to be able to play in a successful side."
"Job satisfaction...loyalty....people in my corner I trust....I want to be able to play in a successful side." When is fat president going to realise that the money and Footy Show cards aren't the only ones to play when trying to win a champion over to the club?

Imagine what was going through Brown's mind when the president and Greg Swann approached him in Queensland last week. On seeing the suits (without the coach) approach he must have thought they were playing out a scene from The Club.

Ah.. The Club. The movie that keeps on giving.

Full Herald Sun article

No comments: